This movie shows a level designed to be developped in UDK (Unreal Developement Kit). Everything was done by me except for the models. They are part of the standard UDK-library (october 2010 version), but have been put together in a different and original way to form new objects. Furthermore it contains some particle effects, some standard materials have been altered, and some scripting was done to produce random flicker-lighting for the flames.
What I Did
This was a one man project.
What I've Learned
In this project I learned how to build basic levels in UDK. This implies:
- BSP build-up to make basic layout.
- Adjusting and creating materials (shaders).
- Reflection mapping (for real-time reflection of the ocean).
- Lightbaking, shadowbaking-settings, light-importance volumes
- Importing own meshes (through ASE or FBX), adding collission, adding fracture-parts.